Monday, June 2, 2008

UEFA Euro 2008 Preview Central

Here's a recap of my Euro 2008 team previews. The teams are listed by group in my predicted order of finish, followed by my knockout round predictions.

Group A
Portugal
Czech Republic
Switzerland
Turkey

Group B
Germany
Croatia
Poland
Austria

Group C
Italy
Holland
France
Romania

Group D
Spain
Greece
Sweden
Russia

Quarterfinals
Portugal over Croatia
Germany over Czech Republic
Italy over Greece
Spain over Holland

Semifinals
Germany over Portugal
Italy over Spain

Final
Italy over Germany

I made my initial picks last week. The one I debated the most was Holland over France for second place in Group C. I feel more confident about this pick after watching France struggle in their tune-up matches this week. I also changed my champion pick from Germany to Italy. Italy's goalkeeping situation with Buffon gives them the edge over Germany. Lehmann's lack of playing time this year with Arsenal has to be a concern for the Germans. Kickoff is Saturday. Let the games begin.

No comments: